Imagine yourself working with artificial intelligence and cutting-edge technologies - like vision systems, radar, lidar, thermal sensing, electronic controls, and human-machine interface - developed to prevent traffic incidents from happening and mitigate the effect when accidents are unavoidable. Challenging and deeply satisfying.
At Veoneer our people are purpose-driven and curious. We are pioneers who thrive in response to the new and exciting challenges we face at the forefront of technology. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional everyday development and growth.
What You Will Do
We are currently looking for two Production Group Managers for the SMT and CFA areas.
SMT (Surface Mount Technology) allows for the creation of customized electronic circuits by mounting individual components to a printed circuit board (PCB). In our SMT area we build PCBs to all our products and supply all internal final assembly customers.
CFA (Camera Final Assembly) is the final assembly of our vision products and have a high degree of automatization.
As a Production Group Manager, you will be responsible for developing, improving and managing the SMT area or the CFA area at the Vårgårda production plant. You will plan and execute clear productivity goals and plan resources, adjust schedules as needed, and monitor production standards. When needed, you develop and implement new processes and ways of working out of a Lean perspective.
You will be responsible for a group of operators and team leaders that ensures that the daily production is running as planned and that the processes are followed, and lead a group of technicians and specialist on a daily basis. You have the responsibility for monitoring the results of your group, and ensuring performance.
You will report directly to our Production Manager, and work in close collaboration with the other Production Group Managers and with our Logistics, Quality, Maintenance and Industrial Engineering department.
Apart from the abovementioned, you are expected to:
- Ensure a safe work environment where the work can be carried out without risk of ill health or accidents.
- Lead employees to organization targets and expectations and empower them to take in initiatives and responsibility
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate information with employees.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff. Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action
- Act as employers representative
Who are we looking for:
As a manager at Veoneer you have strong skills to lead a team and individuals with guidance of our values and principles. You show great integrity and fairness and are supportive and coaching. You know when to take off your “manager hat” and when to put it on. If a conflict arise, you know how to handle it with ease.
At Veoneer, we value a can-do attitude, engagement, an open mindset and the ability to create and sustain good relationships with customers and colleagues.
You take responsibility and initiatives, and are able to adapt in different contexts. You have an open mindset to problem-solving and to innovations.
By being organized and proactive you act quickly to the needs of the organization with high quality. You share knowledge and best practice with colleagues and organization, and you posses good communication skills.
As a Production Group Manager it is important that you enjoy shop floor management, and that you are present and involved with your team on a daily basis.
The Veoneer organization is full of various expertise, both globally and locally. By using your network, both inside and outside of the organization, you actively seek new information and improvements.
At Veoneer, it's all about Trust, so it's important for us that you respect and follow standards, deadlines and agreements.
We believe that you have competence and experience in:
- Good technical experience within Mechanical/Automation/Electronics
- You have documented leadership/management skills and have a structured way of working
- Experience working with Lean production
- Good skills in English and Swedish, both spoken and written
- General knowledge of labour law and collective agreements
- Experience from the automotive industry is meritorious
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Automation/Electronics or relevant work experience
Your first months at Veoneer:
Getting comfortable in a new job and new environment is a process that involves several steps. At Veoneer, newly hired employees are introduced through an onboarding program. The program aim to provide new employees with a good foundation for their entire Veoneer journey and a successful start. Within the program, new employees are also assigned a mentor to guide them through their first six month.
What we offer:
- A workplace characterized by entrepreneurial mindset, and a "can do"-attitude
- Good career and development opportunities
- A High-Tech company offering products within the expansive technological fields; assistant and collaborative driving
- An atmosphere that promotes innovation and being creative
- Contribution to Trust in Mobility and Safety on the roads.
At Veoneer, diversity is an asset and a strength. We have opportunities for you who want to create, change and develop. We work to improve everyday life and make a difference together.
Please note, that we do not accept nor consider applications through e-mail, due to GDPR and company policy.
Employment conditions: Full-time employment
Starting date: By agreement
Contact information: if you have any questions regarding the position or recruitment process please contact;
Fredrik Ahlqvist, Hiring Manager SMT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristofer Feklistov, Hiring Manager CFA, email@example.com
Per Lind, Talent Acquisition Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last day of application: 2022-12-18, continuous selection, position can be filled before last application date.
Union: We have Union agreement/Collective agreement with Sveriges Ingenjörer, Unionen and IF Metall.
Please state in your application whether there is one of the areas (SMT or CFA) that you are more interested in.
Veoneer is an automotive technology company, a world leader in active safety and restraint control systems, focused on delivering innovative, best-in-class products and solutions to our customers...