Welcome to Linnaeus University! A place for knowledge, ideas and development. For growth potential and a belief in the future. In Småland and in the world.
The Department of Biology and Environmental Science is part of the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences. The research activities within this multidisciplinary department include the areas of aquatic ecology, cell and organism biology, evolutionary biology, microbiology, environmental science and environmental engineering as well as disease ecology.
We seek a highly motivated and skilled laboratory engineer for molecular work within multiple projects in the research group Marine Plankton Ecology and Applications. As a laboratory engineer you will work in close collaboration with post-docs and PhD students, be responsible for training and quality assurance of the molecular work in the laboratory as well independently manage research projects.
Tasks will include collection of environmental samples from marine systems, extraction of nucleic acids (DNA and RNA), PCR and real-time PCR amplification. The projects will also include basic bioinformatics of high-throughput sequencing data (amplicon sequencing, metagenomics, and metatranscriptomics) as well as development of novel molecular assays and protocols.
The research will be conducted in collaboration with other scientists within the framework of the Strong Research Environment ECOCHANGE and the Centre for Ecology and Evolution in Microbial model Systems (EEMiS) within Linnaeus University that comprises expertise in ecology, evolution, and microbiology.
A person fulfils the general entry requirements if he/she
• has been awarded a PhD degree or MSc in Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Aquatic Ecology or other closely related fields.
• Documented experience of molecular method development and quality insurance in microbial systems.
• Documented experience of independently conducting research projects.
• Very high proficiency in written and spoken English.
• Holding a B driver’s license.
Other assessment grounds
Candidates with background in research in aquatic ecology are encouraged to apply.
• Important personal qualities are to be a creative critical thinker, good at problem-solving, a team-worker, resilient, and structured.
• Experience of writing scientific reports or articles is desired.
• Knowledge of basic bioinformatics is highly beneficial.
• Experience of working in the field and familiarity with microbial methods and experimental design is desired.
• Experience with molecular methods and bioinformatics is also advantageous
Extent and location of the position
Full time for 22 months located in Kalmar
The application (in English) should contain a CV (with telephone and e-mail), documentation of exams and grades, a description of personal motivation and relevant experiences and any other documentation that the applicant would like to present. The candidates should also provide contact details (including telephone number and e-mail address) of two reference persons.
For more information, please contact
Dr. Hanna Farnelid (firstname.lastname@example.org),+46(0)-480-446296; Professor Catherine Legrand (Catherine.email@example.com) +46(0)-480-447309;
Head of Department Per-Eric Betzholtz (firstname.lastname@example.org), +46-(0)480-446249; or HR partner Christian Andersson (christian. email@example.com)
Linnaeus University has the ambition to utilize the qualities that an even gender distribution and diversity brings to the organization.
Please apply by clicking on the Apply button at the bottom of the ad. The credentials you invoke must be verified with certification and they must be attached digitally in your application. The application and other documents to be marked with the reference number. All documents cited must be received by the University no later than 24.00 (Local time in Sweden) on the closing day.
Styrelsen för Skövdebostäder har nu utsett en tillförordnad vd för bolaget.