Description of the assignment
The company is looking for a motivated automation engineer to join the Electric and Software Validation’s Automation team.
The primary responsibility of this team is to provide Automation tools that allow different Test teams to validate system level software releases before a new product introduction.
As an Automation engineer, you will develop and maintain test libraries and tools to automate the execution of system or sub-system tests in our HIL’s, utilizing an Agile methodology.
You will contribute for the development of a flexible, modular, and easy to use framework, and enable the Test teams in Sweden and China to run test scripts and simulate conditions for exploratory tests.
• Develop functions to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently.
• Specify, design, develop, integrate, and maintain parts of our test automation framework and tools.
• Hands-on system bring-up and feature implementation,
• Debugging and code optimization.
• Continually learn, set, teach, and apply software best practices, tools and technologies.
• Collaborate with Test engineers to integrate new test cases
Qualifications and skills required for the role
• BS in automation/Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
• 5+ Years Experience in automotive software testing.
• 2+ Years Experience with Python or other scripting languages.
• Experience with Android/Linux/Unix environments.
• Experience with HTTP, MQTT and ADB protocols.
• Experience with software fundamentals (CI/CD, software design, modularity)
• Experience with Diagnostic protocols and embedded systems debugging.
• Good knowledge of HIL test environments.
• Familiar with Agile software development.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate in English.
• Experience with computer vision libraries, AI and convolutional neural networks is a plus.
• Good knowledge about vehicle simulation tools like CARLA, CarMaker or similar.
• Experience with Jenkins, Redwood, Git is a plus.
• Experience with software-controlled testing equipment is a plus.
Likes to be part of a team, but still can contribute and work alone