Be a part of operating the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. Amazon Web Services is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Data center Logistics Specialist position in Eskilstuna. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
The Logistics Specialist reviews datacenter inventory, in-bound shipments, and ongoing demand to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained in the all locations to support build and repair activities. Working with the Logistics Manager, they create plans to optimize the flow of parts through their lifecycle; tracking inventory location, movement, age, and turns. They work closely with Datacenter Operations Technicians and Datacenter Engineers to fulfill parts quickly and accurately. They work with Procurement and Hardware Engineering to purchase new parts and interface directly with vendors to process RMAs and receive replacements. They are responsible for accurate data entry and resolving questions from peer organizations.
Responsibilities can include manual tasks, such as assembling, addressing, stamping and arranging for the shipment of merchandise and materials. They may also assist in daily scheduling of deliveries and pick-ups to and from production locations. In handling incoming shipments, he or she may have to unpack boxes and verify contents. The Logistic Specialist will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. This role will require shiftwork.
Logistics Specialists are expected to understand all aspects of production, adhere to strict safety standards, maintain very high quality, and be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e forklift or cherry picker).
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Being able to work overtime as required
· Being able to read and take direction in English
· You must be able to lift loads of up to 20 kilos and carry them for short distances
· You might participate in group lifts of 20 kilos or more.
· You should be able to push or pull heavy objects into position
- Work in a noisy environment
- Due to the nature of the role a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle is required (The primary location of the role is in Eskilstuna)
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Strong understanding of shipping & receiving, inventory and warehousing practices.
· Knowledge of IT Industry Logistics would be an advantage.
· Experience using metrics to perform analyses
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Familiarity with producing process documentation
· Punctuality; excellent organizational skills for orderliness; and ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure department objectives are met
· Demonstrated positive work attitude & leadership skills
· Demonstrated ability to perform above minimum for extended periods of time
· Commitment to a culture of safety
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.